maandag 6 februari 2017

First night in Morocco

Driving over the border in Melilla with a car stashed full of alcohol (it has to last 3 months, mind you),  gave me huge satisfaction. After getting a moroccon sim for my phone(3 euro for 1 GB)  I immediately drove to the beach on the peninsula,  but encountered countless police. All friendly, but the situation was obviously tense,  with all the illegal immigrants trying to get to the Spanish enclave of Melilla. Funny enough they were all driving landrover defenders.
Less funny was that when the sun went down,  they came over to confiscate my passport. I could retrieve it in the morning from the next checkpoint and luckily it was just that easy,  it's always uneasy being without my passport.
Taxfree,  yeah! 
Bit of a mess,  but there's order in the chaos 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten